In the church's I've always attended they emphasize that each new year has a purpose and destiny and I thought I should write down what I feel some of the past years have been for me at least so I don't forget in the future.
I feel that highschool it's hard to tell because the new year really doesn't change anything in your life since life in highschool revolves around school and therefore the new year to you is the school year. But for some reason I started paying attention to the spirit of the year in college.
But after college is when they seem to start applying:
2008 was a season of accomplishment- I graduated college, bought my first new car got my first time fulltime job relevant to my degree, Matt got back from Iraq beginning of 2008 I believe and started working as a battle skills teacher at the school house and he was so good at it they let him stay there twice when typically they only allow you to stay there once.
2009 was a season of excitement- Matt and I started dating, got engaged and married. I also applied to graduate programs and we started looking at potential cities we could end up living in. We traveled a lot which was also very exciting.
2010 was a season of change- I was accepted into NCSU for toxicology and Matt finished his active duty Navy. We made the big move to North Carolina - both started school and got our first dog, found our great little church and started to make a life here.
2011- was a season of work and challenge- We worked hard over the last year on making a living and working hard on our degrees, not much new happened other then my eye surgery which went smoothly and that I'm still recovering from.
2012? What will 2012 bring? Normally I have a sense of what it will bring before it starts but this year I don't think I spent enough time praying and listening to find out. I know what major things will come in the next year like Matt finishing his AA and me finishing classes and taking my comp exam. But the spirit of the year eludes me thus far. I"m hoping and praying for a year of rest and recooperation for a lot of us. But we burnt our first bayberry candle to bring in the new year and we hope it brings us the luck it's suppose to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment