Saturday, June 16, 2012

2012 excitement

Matt's diploma has arrived.  He has received his Associates in Arts with Honors!  Wahoo.  We are very proud of all his hard work.  Next week he goes to interview at the local VA hospital to start volunteering there this summer as part of his requirements for going to his next school, NCCU. 

Other big news!  I passed my qualifying exams!  I have accomplished the first few major steps of my PhD work; I finished all my classwork, formed my advisory committee and now passed my exam.  That means I get to stay in the program, pfew, and continue working on my research now.

I can't believe it has been 2 yrs already since we've moved to North Carolina but we have overcome some great milestones.  We both have about 3 more years of schooling sigh but at least we are making some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment