Wahoo! So with the closing of the semester Matt has now finished his Associates in Arts from Durham Technical Community College! Yay one degree under his belt. He accomplished this while going to school full time and working full time and still maintained a 3.6 GPA. So very proud of him :) So now that he has all of his preliminary work done he is able to transfer to a 4 yr school and get started on the nursing program. Starting in July he will be transfering and starting at North Carolina Central University which is also in Durham. He has one class to take this summer and two this fall that the school wants him to take before he starts the nursing program in the spring. In the spring he will then take their "bridge courses" which transition him from a regular student to a nursing student. So we are excited to have him done with DTCC and onto the next step. We are expecting him to graduate most likely Spring 2015 with his BSN in Nursing as long as there are no hiccups along the way.
As for myself, I have officially finished my PhD classwork! These past two years have gone by faster than lightening. PhD programs are divided into increments, the first two years you try and get some research done but your main focus is on classwork. So I have officially finished all my classwork with a 3.6 :) and from here I get to move on to bigger and better things. The next step is passing my qualifying exams which is coming up in a few short weeks in early June. That exam tests me on all the classes I've taken over the past 2 yrs and determines whether I get to stay in the program or not. I can't wait until that is accomplished but for now I am home studying studying studying.
Other news from the past couple months... we are staying in our apartment for another year. We were considering switching to another place but we couldn't find the right option. So we are staying here for a little while longer. We'll see how things look again in a year. If we don't move next year we will likely stay in this apartment until we both graduate.
I also have started training for a half marathon. I've been training for 2.5 wks so far and I'm still alive! So that's a good start. I'm not running it until November 4th so I have a decent amount of time to train which is definetly a necessity. My sister-in-law Kristin agreed to run it with me so that will make the event more enjoyable as I'll have a running buddy to keep me going.
Once my exam is done, I'm hoping Matt and I can actually start seeing things in the area. We haven't really done much since moving down here.
No comments:
Post a Comment