So we have been trying all sorts of new recipes since making Matt gluten free. My kitchen aid has never been used sooo much before! Weekly making bread, making snacks, making everything at home and making sure there are always food available in case he needs to take food to work etc. We have tried numerous bread mixes so far. I made pumpkin log for Matt for thanksgiving as it is a dessert his family has every year. So I made a gluten free one for him as well as gluten free stuffing. The pumpkin log turned out to be an almost exact replicate! We were very pleased.
One of the other things we have recently been eating more of is quinoa and I have been trying to find more diverse recipes for it. We tried this blogs buffalo quinoa chicken bites:
http://www.soveryblessed.com/2012/02/buffalo-chicken-quinoa-bites.html
And they were amazing! Matt's new favorite treat I believe. I just used gluten free bread crumbs to make it gluten free.
So far we haven't been too disappointed with the recipes I've tried. We've even found a pizza replacement. So life is going well- just takes a little more planning then before.
No comments:
Post a Comment