Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

So apparently I haven't blogged since last December!!! And that blog entry was about thanksgiving.... So I have a lot of catching up to do.  So we spent Thanksgiving in St. Marys with Matt's side of the family and had a good time.  And I made my gravy for them for the second year now :) I am now the maker of the gravy at his family gatherings.  By Thanksgiving we also realized that the gluten free diet was definitely helping Matt feel better so since then we've kept our house gluten free.

Christmas 2012 we spent up in Saratoga with my side of the family.   We had a nice visit and got to meet my brothers girlfriend, Kristine for the first time. 
Snyder family Christmas 2012
With us both being in school we were doing christmas on a budget so here are a bunch of the items I made as gifts for everyone.

Above: My first baby hat for our friends daughter Emily.  First flower.  Pink beanie with ivory 5 point flower

Granny square baby blanket I made for Colleens second child.

Matt's christmas scarf in a desert color

Mom's red and white scarf- her's is the least well done because I started it so much earlier then all the others that I didn't get in the groove yet.

Colorful scarf for Missy

Another view of colorful scarf

Matching floppy hat for colorful scarf

Floppy hat

Hat/scarf set

My favorite scarf of the season, lovely laced piece in a purple family

Showing the lattice on the lace thin dress scarf

One more view of lattice scarf


Gingerbread table runner I sewed


I still need to  find pictures of the fingerless gloves I made to match the lattice scarf, and then I had one more box laced scarf with a matching purse that turned out really well.  Matt ended up with 2 crates full of gluten free beers to try, some from my brother David, and some from his sister, Kristin, and her fiance. Ryan.  I also received many cooking items to help me with a lot of the homemade food I am making- such as all the tools I needed to try making homemade pasta.  I can't wait to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment