So 2013 has been a whirlwind of a year so far. We knew we were planning on buying a house this year so we started talking to realtors in January and February. So our beginning of the year was preoccupied with house shopping and marathon training. I had enjoyed my half marathon in november so much I tried to tackle a marathon by mid march- but it was too short of a time frame, as well as I found out we were expecting Eli just briefly before my marathon, so I ended up dropping out at mile 16 as I was having quite a few pregnancy related symptoms that were making it difficult to keep going. Soooo I will have to try and tackle the marathon a different time. But at least I've tried which is more than most people. So we placed our offer on the house all at this same time, in March and negotiated for a week or so. We had a contract by April and closed in May.
In the midst of this my step grandmother passed away and I traveled up to Maryland/Pennsylvania for the funeral and was able to give the family a bit of good news at the funeral that Eli was on his way.
 |
| Snyder boys with Grandpappy |
 |
| The Snyder grandkids that were onsite |
 |
| Snyder boys with theirs spouses |
Memorial Day, Matt and I traveled to Maryland to my grandparents to meet up with my parents for my mom's 50th birthday. We suprised mom by getting all of her semi-local siblings to show up. We had a nice time being able to see all of the Dodson family.
While on our way home from Memorial Day, we didn't have the dogs since we were picking up a bunch of baby items from my aunt and uncle, so we were finally able to briefly visit the Marine Corps Museum for Matt. Although it a very brief trip, we did do a whirlwind tour of the great facility, and we hope to be able to make it back at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment