Monday, December 28, 2009

First Christmas

So after spending Thanksgiving with Matt's side of the family, we now spent Christmas with mine. I worked through Christmas eve day and we hit the road when I was done. We spent a relaxing Christmas day eating Kathy's specially made breakfast filled with baklava, homemade cinnamon rolls, fruit, keish and a few other deserts that I can't remember the name of but was delicious. Then we opened our gifts watched a few christmas cartoons and then had a wonderful turkey dinner made by my mother.

Saturday we met up with the old crew and showed off David's art at the piano shop and spent the day with a lot of friends and caught up after not seeing each other for over a year. Sunday we drove to Utica and spent the day with Kristy for her bridal shower and then watched her open gifts at her house before returning home.

Now that we are home we had off today to do our own special Christmas. We had a itty bity tree and homemade stockings, made by ME :) And Christmas wreth flowers from Matt. I also made an AMAZING Christmas Dinner of BBQ Pork ribs, green beans and herb roasted potatoes. It was great and Matt is hoping that I make that a new Christmas tradition.


We also ordered new phones as our cell phone plans are finally almost up on their contract so they arrived today and Matt has been playing with them trying to learn how to use those. We are really excited to finally be able to talk to each other without running out of minutes. And we bought a christmas tree on sale today for next year :)

We also watched Julie & Julia which has inspired me to want to start cooking through a cookbook-clearly not as many recipies in one year as she has but atleast one new recipie a week. This week Matt is home so we are trying a few new ones.

Tonight I am working on a Beef Barley Soup Recipie from Betty Crockers Cookbook the heart health edition 2007. And I am working on making their Crunchy Oriental Chicken Salad for tomorrow dinner. And there is another recipie book we are working on as well that we hope to try out later this week. Matt is very excited about this anyway. I'll try to remember to take pictures of them and upload them as we try new dinners!! Off to a Sabres game tomorrow too WAHOO! And in Rochester tradition we are going to be having a lake effect snowstorm as we drive to Buffalo for the game..classic...

No comments:

Post a Comment